Let’s be clear, no one wishes for a pandemic. But as we all find ourselves in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime experience, it’s forcing collective adaptation. While virtual home remodeling consultations have been feasible for years, and we, at ReVision Design/Remodeling, have used them for specific situations, we’ve never made them standard practice. It was always just one more piece of technology to learn, one more account to keep track of; the excuses sounded legitimate even though they weren’t. I’m sure you can relate. We all have that list of things we ought to do but put off because we need to do something.
As humans, we adapt when we are willing to push ourselves toward growth. Welcome COVID-19. As businesses started closing their doors to walk-in customers left, and right, it was instantly clear that virtual consultations were the way of the future.
To do our part to flatten the curve, we’ve implemented virtual home remodeling consultations for all of our existing clients (when feasible) and all new client consultations. Once we’re on the other side of this pandemic, we’ll continue to offer virtual consultations because it just makes sense. So far, we’ve enjoyed a great response from our client and our team members. It’s the right thing to do.
Virtual Home Remodeling Consultations Are Great For:
- Those who are considering a remodeling project and are ready to speak with professionals to get estimates: Most of the time, we can pull up photos of the interior of your house from the real estate listing, even if you bought the house years ago. These photos will give us a pretty good idea of the layout, condition, and potential issues we should know when budgeting. After 15 years in business, we’ve probably done work in your neighborhood – maybe even your exact floor plan – so we have a pretty good idea of what to expect.
- Existing clients who travel for work or can’t make an in-person meeting as easily: With enough prep time and the ability to screen share, most design appointments can easily occur online. We can order specific samples and have them shipped to your house.
- Those times when you don’t have a lot of time: It’s not uncommon to have a free hour for a meeting, but by the time you factor in the logistics of traffic getting to the meeting point, it can eat up too much of the day. In those cases, a virtual meeting is ideal. Progress doesn’t have to stop on your remodeling project because traffic on I-77 backed up for miles.
- Contract signings: Thanks to document signing technology, there’s no reason we can’t review and sign contracts electronically. We’ve been using this feature for years to save our clients time. Have questions about your contract? We’ll schedule a call or video conference to review everything together ahead of time.
Virtual Home Remodeling Consultations Are Not Ideal For:
- Trade Walk-Throughs. When it’s time to get specific about relocating plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems, or whenever there is structural engineering involved, those evaluations need to be done on-site. We generally try to stagger our trade partners during those meetings to keep things as orderly as possible. Now, more than ever, that will remain important as we practice social distancing and avoid groups for your safety and ours.
- Pre-Construction Walk-Throughs. For the same reasons above, it’s still best for your project manager to familiarize himself with your property before demo day. These walk-throughs are when we discuss the logistics of the construction phase, so being on-site is critical to a smooth start on day one.
Not sure if a virtual home remodeling consultation is best for you? Give us a call at 704-759-3920 or schedule a call online so we can help you determine the best scenario for your needs and comfort.